Friday, May 7, 2010

Another ICS Update

A little over a month ago I wrote a review of Instant Cash Sweepstakes which was generally praiseworthy except for the fact that I couldn't help but point out one little detail: the PayPal fee charged when you cash out was quite noticeable. The fee makes small cashouts (the minimum payout is $2) much less attractive so for this reason some people hold off on cashing out until they've earned a larger amount which is no fun at all. Luckily, there's some light on the horizon.

One consequence of ICS' PRO program is that it seems like it will be much easier to make bigger sums of money on this site in the future. By answering the short multiple choice surveys on the "main" site, you will receive regular small cash prizes generally worth a few cents. I believe the most I ever earned from ICS in one day from survey prizes was about thirteen cents. Since you can answer surveys every three hours, you have about eight opportunities to win money -- I usually win once per session, but my schedule doesn't let me hit every session. By enrolling in the PRO program, however, survey takers will have opportunities to earn 50 cents or more per each survey. As I mentioned previously, the program is currently open only to those willing to take part in video surveys, but it will be expanded over time.

Although I don't have an inside source at ICS or anything, I do think it's also possible the site will expand internationally at some point. Many of ICS' clientele seem to be startups and software companies, and technology is perhaps the most global industry there is. Additionally, ICS uses PayPal, a payment system well suited for international use. For now, however, the site remains limited to users in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment